Family law matters, including divorce, pose some of the most emotionally draining and overwhelming experiences an individual and their children will ever face. The Karnas Law Firm provides legal solutions tailored to your situation. We have experience working with both husbands and wives on legal issues arising during complex divorces, and will work with you to bring your case to a satisfactory resolution.

The  Karnas Law Firm represents both husbands and wives with all types of family law and divorce-related problems:

  • Divorce Representation
  • Complex Property Issues
  • Spousal & Child Support
  • Child Custody
  • Paternity Cases
  • Post-Divorce Support & Custody Modification
  • Orders of Protection
  • Military

Reasonable and Competitive Rates – Our attorneys take Divorce, Custody, and Family Law cases on a fixed-fee basis with reasonable and competitive rates.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How can Bellovin & Karnas help me through my divorce?

A: We offer support and guidance for your life following the split, as well as the relationship you have with your children. It is important to have the best possible representation by your side to get through each step of the divorce process: child custody and parenting time decisions, child support and spousal support, division of property and assets.

Q: Are divorce decrees permanent?

A: Generally yes, however, child custody and support are subject to a modification action based on a change in circumstances. Our attorneys will help you seek appropriate modification to your divorce decree so that it continues to serve the best interests of your children.

Q: What happens if you or your spouse moves from your current geographic location?

A: Pursuant to A.R.S. § 25-408, if you intend to relocate, and the non-relocating parent has a court-ordered interest in parenting time and decision making/custody, you must provide the other parent with 60 days advanced written notice of your intention to relocate by certified mail, return receipt requested. If you fail to follow this legal rule, your rights to your children could be lost or limited.

Q: What is joint decision making?

A: Joint decision making/custody occurs when both parents share and are involved in making the major decision for the children, which generally includes choice of school, physician, and religious upbringing.

Q: What happens to property you owned before the marriage?

A: The property will belong to the person who owned the property before the marriage began, unless that person mixed and commingled the community accounts or other property acquired during the marriage.

No matter the family law issue you are facing, we are prepared to represent your interests with customized strategies that best protect your interests and those of your children.