Riding a motorbike is a truly unique experience, but it does necessitate a certain license and ability. It is an exciting sensation to be out on the open road, yet that same sensation can place you in danger and cause severe injury. The chances of getting in a motorcycle accident are governed not only by your conduct on the road but also by other motorists near you. Both motorcycle riders and car drivers must remember that they must share the road.
Motorcycle collisions can occur in a split second, giving you little time to respond and maybe prevent them. And regardless of how big your motorcycle is, it cannot compete with a car, truck, or SUV.
A motorcycle collision can result in severe injuries or even fatality whenever a car driver fails to exercise care and prudent driving. So, if you are involved in a motorcycle accident, you will require the assistance of an expert motorcycle accident lawyer to initiate a civil action.
Driver Errors That Result In Motorcycle Accidents
As per the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there are four major types of faults or mistakes made by drivers, resulting in motorcycle collisions.
- Blind spots — It is estimated that about half of the space around a car is made up of blind areas, making motorcyclists unseen to car drivers. Nonetheless, by correctly setting the side mirrors, you can eliminate blind zones and avoid accidents.
- Braking — To slow down, the motorcycle rider must downshift or roll off the throttle. Because most motorbikes lack a brake light, riders frequently underestimate the braking distance for either themselves or other cars in traffic.
- Intersections — this accounts for 42 percent of all motorcycle accidents. Many riders fail to surrender the right-of-way to another rider who is heading straight through crossroads. This type of behavior is both risky and fatal.
- Difficult to notice — motorcycles have a very narrow profile compared to vehicles, making it difficult for drivers to notice them. Car drivers should exercise particular caution and keep an eye out for motorcyclists in various driving conditions, including in inclement weather and behind objects.
Many automobile owners can avoid striking a motorcyclist by simply observing the road signs. Even most importantly, vehicle drivers should avoid being careless when driving.
Dangerous Driving Habits That Might Result In Motorcycle Accidents
Vehicle drivers must drive sensibly to ensure everyone’s safety on the road. If the driver of the car that struck the motorcyclists engaged in any of the following careless behaviors, they could be held accountable:
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Aggressive driving, like tailgating other vehicles or speeding
- Distracted driving, whether cognitive, physical, or visual
- Fatigued driving, which can impair immediate response time or judgment
If the driver who was at blame cannot be punished criminally, you can still initiate a civil case for the losses and injuries you suffered. You will require the help of an expert Car Accident Attorney who can accurately analyze your damages and guide you through the whole process of bringing a civil action. For more information, contact Karnas Law Firm right away.
Call Today! (928) 723-0088
Want to Make $150?
Contact us about our referral program today!Find Out More