More Likely For Fatal AccidentInjuries Suffered in a Motorcycle Crash

The exhilarating thrill of rolling down an empty stretch of freeway on a bright and sunny day lures thousands of riders to choose motorcycles as their preferred method of transportation. Many people enjoy the feeling of independence that accompanies a motorcycle ride. Unfortunately, riding a motorcycle in Yuma presents more hazards than any other method of travel.

What motorcyclists may not realize is that they are thirty-five times more likely to experience a fatal accident than the drivers of passenger vehicles, despite motorcycles making up just 3% of all registered vehicles in the United States.

A person who survives a motorcycle crash typically incurs severe injuries that require extensive treatment and rehabilitation. As a comparative fault state, people who become injured in motorcycle accidents can seek compensation for accident-related injuries from the party responsible for the crash. A Yuma motorcycle accident lawyer with Karnas Law Firm can help you recover the necessary compensation for all accident-related damages.

Most Common Injuries Suffered in a Motorcycle Crash

Injuries Suffered in a Motorcycle CrashMotorcycle accident victims can suffer minor to severe injuries. Typically, motorcyclists who collide with passenger vehicles and trucks sustain gruesome wounds like road rash, facial fractures, and disfigurement. Broken bones, burns, and head trauma are also common. Some of the most severe injuries include:

  • Limb amputations
  • Spinal cord injuries
  • Paralysis
  • Internal injuries
  • Brain damage

These injuries can take months to years to heal; in some cases, victims fail to make a full recovery. The time-consuming nature of recovery keeps victims away from family and friends, their jobs, and hobbies they enjoy.

Steps to Recovering Compensation

In a comparative fault state like Arizona, more than one party may be liable for damages. If the victim in a particular accident is 40% at fault, then he or she may sue the other party to recover 60% of accident-related damages.

Injuries Suffered in a Motorcycle CrashTo begin the process, the injured party should contact his or her insurance company. The insurance company will then negotiate with the other party’s insurer.

After negotiations, the insurance company responsible for paying damages will offer the injured party a settlement for injuries and property damage. It is also possible to send the insurance company responsible for covering damages a demand letter stating the value of the damages they owe the victim.

Why Do I Need a Yuma Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?

After suffering injuries that can cost thousands of dollars to treat, it’s wise to work with a personal injury lawyer who handles motorcycle accident cases to guide you through the process of recovering compensation. Insurance companies look out for their own best interests. To do this, they generally undervalue settlements or deny settlements for frivolous reasons.

An attorney can give you an accurate estimate of the value of your claim. If the insurance company offers you less your attorney will negotiate with the insurance company firmly on your behalf to secure the funds you need. He can also help you send a demand letter with the true value of your claim.

Attorneys with Karnas Law FirmInjuries Suffered in a Motorcycle Crash are resourceful and dedicated to helping victims. We can investigate all the circumstances surrounding your accident to ensure that the proper parties are held accountable for damages. Don’t accept any settlement from an insurance company without discussing your case with an accident lawyer in Yuma.

Play A Role In Our Community

We’re also committed to playing an active role in our community, which is why we initiated numerous charitable programs, including creating the Karnas Kids Foundation, through which the law firm has donated thousands of dollars for lunch programs and other charitable endeavors for children. Call Karnas Law Firm at (928) 323-0456 for a free case review.