PHOENIX PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
When You Hire One Attorney at Karnas Law, You're Hiring a Team
Home » Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyer
Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyer
We Represent Injured Victims in Phoenix and Throughout Maricopa County
The capital of Arizona, Phoenix is one of the most rapidly growing major cities in the United States. It is now the country’s fifth largest city and it is home to many top sites and attractions, including the Desert Botanical Garden, Musical Instrument Museum, South Mountain Park, the Heard Museum, Papago Park, the Footprint Center, and Chase Field.
At The Karnas Law Firm, our personal injury attorneys fight for the rights of injured victims and their families. Our experienced personal injury attorney will provide top quality, personalized representation no matter what the personal injury claims are. If you or your family member was hurt in an accident in Maricopa County, we are ready to help. To set up a free, fully confidential consultation with a top-rated Arizona personal injury lawyer, please contact our Phoenix law office today.
What to Do After a Serious Accident in Phoenix
Were you or a loved one hurt in a serious accident in Maricopa County? If so, it is crucial that you take proactive steps to protect your health, well-being, and ability to file a legal claim. Too many people make avoidable mistakes in the immediate aftermath (and chaos) of an accident. Here are five key steps to take after suffering a serious injury in Phoenix:
- Seek Professional Medical Care: After a serious accident in Phoenix, the first and most important thing to do is to seek professional medical care. This is crucial for your health and well-being, as well as for any potential legal action you may take in the future. Even if you do not believe that your injuries are severe, you still need to get checked. Notably, you will not be able to get personal injury compensation unless you see a doctor.
- Ensure the Accident is Reported: An accident should be reported to the appropriate parties. How and where you report an accident depends on the specific circumstances of the case. With a motor vehicle collision, you should report the accident to law enforcement, such as the Phoenix Police Department or the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office. With other types of accidents—such as a slip and fall—you should notify the business or property owner.
- Document the Cause and Your Injuries: Personal injury claims are fault-based legal cases. Be sure to document the cause of the accident and your injuries as thoroughly as possible. Doing so can be very helpful in regards to any future legal action. Take pictures, get witness contact information, and save any other relevant information.
- Consult with a Lawyer (Before an Insurance Company): Following a major accident, it is imperative that you consult with a Phoenix personal injury lawyer before speaking with an insurance company. This is because insurance companies are often more interested in protecting their own interests than in providing you with the compensation you deserve. A lawyer can help you navigate the legal system and ensure that you receive the compensation you are entitled to under the law. You are not alone.
The Most Common Types of Personal Injuries
A wide array of different types of injuries can occur in accidents. No matter the nature, cause, and severity of your injuries, it is absolutely essential that you get the proper medical care. At The Karnas Law Firm, our Phoenix personal injury lawyers have the skills, knowledge, and experience to help people and families with all types of accident claims. Some of the most common injuries reported include:
- Lacerations and cuts
- Soft tissue damage, including whiplash;
- Sprains and strains;
- Ligament damage;
- Back and neck injuries;
- Burn injuries;
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries (TBIs);
- Amputations; and
- Spinal cord damage.
An Overview of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Phoenix, Arizona
We are a boutique civil litigation law firm devoted to protecting the rights and interests of personal injury victims. With a law office in Phoenix, we are well-positioned to represent people and families in the community and throughout Maricopa County. Our firm provides some of the best personal injury lawyers to give you top quality, personalized legal guidance and support across a wide range of cases. Along with other types of injury & accident claims, our Phoenix attorneys can help you with:
- Car Accidents: Even a safe and attentive driver could still end up in serious motor vehicle accidents. Data from the insurance industry shows that the average U.S. driver is involved in four accidents during their life. Unfortunately, some crashes lead to serious injuries. We are here to help you navigate the claims process. Call our Phoenix car accident lawyer today for a free review of your case.
- Commercial Truck Accidents: When truck companies cut corners on safety, it puts innocent people at severe risk. We have the professional skill to hold negligent truckers, negligent truck companies, and their insurance carriers to account. If you were involved in a tractor trailer accident in Maricopa County, our Phoenix truck accident lawyer can help.
- Motorcycle Wrecks: Did you know that nearly 8 in 10 motorcycle accidents result in an injury to the rider? Motorcyclists need to be ready to protect their safety and rights after a collision. We advocate for injured motorcycle accident victims throughout Maricopa County. Contact our Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyer for immediate help.
- Dog Bites: We hold dog owners (and other negligent parties) legally liable for dog bites. A dog bite can lead to severe injuries—including nasty infections. Immediate medical attention is critically important. If you or your child was attacked by a dog, our Phoenix premises liability attorney can help.
- Defective product claims: Big corporations have a legal responsibility to ensure that their products are properly tested, designed, and manufactured. A dangerous and defective product can cause severe harm to an unsuspected consumer. Arizona is a strict liability state for defective product claims. We help injured victims get justice. Call our Phoenix product liability attorneys for immediate assistance.
- Medical Malpractice Lawsuits: Were you or a loved one harmed due to the negligence of a physician, hospital, or other medical provider? You may have been the victim of medical malpractice. These are complex legal claims. If you or your family member was harmed due to medical negligence, our Phoenix medical malpractice attorney can help.
- Catastrophic Injuries: Catastrophic personal injuries are ones that carry long-term, even life-altering ramifications for the victim and their family. There are some unique considerations in these types of legal cases. At The Karnas Law Firm, we have the experience to handle any personal injury lawsuit and are standing at the ready to help you!
- Wrongful Death Claims: Was your family member killed due to the careless, reckless, or otherwise unlawful actions or inactions of a business, property owner, or any other party? You may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim to hold them accountable and recover financial support. While nothing could ever make things right after such a heartbreaking loss, you need justice. Contact our Phoenix wrongful death attorney for a free, confidential initial consultation.
Proving Liability for a Personal Injury (A Thorough Investigation is a Must)
Proving liability in a personal injury case is crucial to obtaining compensation for your injuries. Liability refers to the legal responsibility of the person or entity who caused your injuries. For the most part, personal injury liability is based on the legal theory of negligence. To prove liability, you generally need to establish that the defendant’s negligence contributed to your injuries. Negligence is the failure to take due care. There are four basic elements of negligence are as follows:
- Duty: Duty is the legal obligation of a person or entity to act in a certain way to prevent harm to others. For example, motorists owe everyone else on the road a duty of care.
- Breach: A breach is the failure to fulfill a duty of care. For example, if a driver runs a red light and causes an accident, they have breached their duty to operate their vehicle safely.
- Causation: Causation is the connection between the breach of duty and the resulting harm. Put another way, it must be shown that the breach of duty directly caused the injury.
- Damages: Damages are the harm or losses suffered by the victim of negligence. You must prove your damages to bring a successful personal injury claim in Arizona.
A thorough investigation is a must in order to prove liability in a personal injury case. Big corporations and insurance companies waste little time in building their defense. You do not want to fall behind the legal claims process. Our Phoenix personal injury lawyer will proactively investigate your case. Among other things, this means gathering evidence from a variety of sources, such as photographs, witness statements, and your medical records.
Our Personal Injury Law Firm Helps Injured Victims Maximize their Financial Compensation
After suffering a serious injury in Phoenix, you’ll most likely need financial support to help pay for your increasing medical bills. Sadly, the insurance companies that handle most injury and accident claims want to pay out as little as they can get away with. They will settle your personal injury claim for less or even deny liability outright. Our Phoenix personal injury attorney will help you maximize your settlement or trial verdict. You may be entitled to recover financial compensation for:
- Property damage (vehicle repairs);
- Ambulance and emergency room care;
- Medical bills and other medical expenses;
- Lost wages and loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering & emotional anguish;
- Disfigurement or long-term disability; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
Why Rely On the Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyers at The Karnas Law Firm
After a serious accident, you need to be able to focus on yourself, your recovery, and your family. You cannot rely on an insurance company—even if it is your own provider—to look out for your legal rights or financial interests. At The Karnas Law Firm, our attorneys that specialize in personal injury law focus highly on attorney client relationship so we can provide the best services possible! These services are always high quality, personalized, and justice-driven for you and your family. When you reach out to our Phoenix law office, you will have the opportunity to speak to an experienced personal injury lawyer who can:
- Hear your story, review your case, and answer your questions;
- Investigate the accident and your injuries—compiling all of the evidence;
- Advocate for you and your family in settlement negotiations; and
- Develop a comprehensive, personalized legal strategy to get you the best results.
Personal Injury Claims in Phoenix, Arizona: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the Statute of Limitations for a Personal Injury Claim in Arizona?
You have a limited amount of time to initiate a personal injury claim. Under Arizona law (A.R.S. § 12-542), most personal injury claims are subject to a two-year statute of limitations. If you do not file a claim within two years, you may miss out on your right to take legal action at all. Consult with a Phoenix personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after an accident.
Can I Rely On My Insurance Company to Look Out for My Interests?
No. Unfortunately, you cannot rely on an insurance company to look out for your interests after a serious accident. Insurance companies are primarily concerned with their own profits and will often do what they can to minimize the amount of compensation they have to pay out. You need an experienced Phoenix personal injury lawyer.
What is the Average Settlement in a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
There is no real “average” settlement for personal injury lawsuits. A settlement could be in the five figures, six figures, or even higher. In Arizona, injured victims have a right to pursue compensation for the full extent of their damages. Your settlement should include proper compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Will I Be Required to Go to Court As Part of My Personal Injury Case?
While it is possible that your personal injury case could end up in court, the reality is that most personal injury claims in Arizona are settled prior to litigation. Only a small share of cases ever get a verdict. Still, you always need to prepare your case for court. Only when the defendant/insurer recognizes liability will they take settlement negotiations seriously.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyer
At The Karnas Law Firm, our Phoenix personal injury attorneys are standing by, ready to help you fight for justice and the maximum financial compensation. If you were hurt in an accident, we can help. Give us a call at 602.402.5207 or contact us online to arrange your free, no obligation consultation. We represent injured victims in Phoenix, Maricopa County, and throughout all of Arizona.