TUCSON MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER
When You Hire One Attorney at Karnas Law, You're Hiring a Team
Home » Tucson Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Tucson Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
We Fight for the Rights of Injured Motorcyclists in Tucson, Pima County, and Throughout Arizona
Fresh air, wide-open roads, and the sense of freedom that comes with a rumbling ride are all reasons motorcycle enthusiasts love to hop on their bikes. A motorcycle is both fun and efficient method of transportation; unfortunately, it also presents a heightened risk of severe personal injury that few other transportation methods carry. Too often, car and truck drivers fail to regard or notice motorcyclists on Arizona’s roadways. When drivers act negligently, such as texting while driving, it can spell disaster for a biker.
People who are severely hurt while riding their motorcycles should seek medical attention immediately following the accident. Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents, if not immediately life-threatening, can still cause serious long-term physical and emotional damage to victims. Motorcycle accident injuries can also cause costly medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. For anyone who has been recently involved in a motorcycle accident, dealing with the aftermath requires a significant amount of effort, and many times, an experienced personal injury attorney.
At Karnas Law Firm, our seasoned attorneys provide personalized attention to clients who are suffering from the after-effects of an unexpected motorcycle crash in Tucson. If you have been struck by a vehicle while on a motorcycle and have suffered trauma, turn to us to fight for the compensation you deserve.
The Aftermath of Tucson Motorcycle Accidents
After an injury accident, many motorcyclists
face tough decisions and grim prospects. While they receive treatment, they can miss out on the opportunity to receive wages and can experience a general decline in their quality of life. They may miss out on time with their loved ones or participating in beloved hobbies. As this continues, medical bills and other debts pile up, and their families become harder to support without the ability to return to work.
These are just some of the difficult consequences injured motorcyclists can face following a crash. While the accident cannot be undone, a Tucson motorcycle accident lawyer can help victims receive compensation to offset the financial burden these accidents often bestow upon them.
Protect Yourself and Your Rights: Steps to Take After a Motorcycle Accident in Tucson, AZ
A motorcycle crash can happen when you least expect it. One moment you may be riding your motorcycle in Tucson, the next you could end up the victim of a serious collision. It is imperative that you know what needs to be done in the aftermath of a motorcycle accident to protect yourself and your ability to get a full and fair personal injury settlement. Here are five steps that you should be ready to take after a motorcycle wreck in Tucson:
- Stop Your Motorcycle and Exchange Information: Arizona law requires all parties involved in any type of motor vehicle collision—including a motorcycle accident—to stop, remain at the scene, and to exchange information with other people involved in the crash. Failure to do so is a serious violation. It could even lead to a criminal charge.
- See a Doctor for Any Injuries (Emergency Needs Come First): If you or anyone else involved in the motorcycle accident has suffered any injuries, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. If the injuries are severe, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. Notably, you need to see a doctor to bring a motorcycle injury claim.
- Report the Motorcycle Crash to Police: It is important to report the motorcycle accident to the police as soon as possible. State law is clear: All injury crashes must be reported. Report your motorcycle accident to the Tucson Police Department, the Pima County Sheriff’s Department, or the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
- Thoroughly Document the Motorcycle Accident: It is important to thoroughly document the motorcycle accident. This includes taking photographs of the accident scene, the damage to the motorcycles, and any injuries that were sustained. It is also a good idea to write down the names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident. Proper documentation makes it far easier to bring a claim.
- Speak to a Tucson Attorney Before an Insurer Adjuster: The insurance company is not on your side. If you are involved in a motorcycle accident in Pima County, speak to a Tucson motorcycle accident attorney before giving a statement to any insurance adjuster. Your attorney can help you understand your rights, ensure that you are treated fairly by the insurance company, and take action to maximize your financial compensation.
Common Injuries Tucson Motorcyclists Sustain
As a motorcycle rider in Arizona, you are undoubtedly aware that you have limited built-in protection. Motorcyclists are vulnerable because they are exposed to oncoming traffic. Sadly, this means that injury crashes are relatively common problems. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has published data showing that nearly 80 percent of all motorcycle collisions result in an injury to the rider. Victims of motorcycle accidents in Tucson may suffer any combination of minor to severe injuries. Some of the most debilitating injuries include:
- Head trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spine injuries
- Lost limbs
- Internal injuries
- Facial disfigurement
Motorcyclists who do not survive their accidents often die as a result of serious head trauma. For survivors, scrapes, cuts, bruises, and fractured bones and joint injuries and road rash are extremely common following a collision with a larger vehicle and cause victims an extreme amount of pain and suffering. It may take weeks or months to heal from motorcycle accident injuries. Furthermore, accident injuries such as these tend to keep a person away from their jobs, families, and other responsibilities and hobbies for an extended period of time.
Anyone who sustains an injury in a motorcycle accident should seek to work through a personal injury claim with a trusted attorney. Tucson motorcycle accident attorneys like those at Karnas Law are well-versed in personal injury claims and will bear the burden of the legal case so the victim of the accident can focus on healing from their injuries.
Motorcyclists Should Always Wear a Helmet
Some states require motorcycle helmets for all riders. In Arizona, a helmet is only legally mandatory for motorcycle riders and motorcycle passengers under 18 years of age. Though, all riders must wear proper eye protection. Nonetheless, it is still crucial that motorcyclists in Tucson wear a helmet every time they get onto their bike. Motorcycle helmets prevent brain injuries and save lives.
The Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Collisions
Motorcycle accidents can happen for many different reasons. Though, the overwhelming majority of these collisions could have been avoided if all parties had taken the requisite safety precautions. Some of the leading causes of motorcycle crashes in Tucson include:
- Distracted Driving: Motorcyclists are often hit by drivers who are distracted by their phones, radios, or other distractions in the car.
- Speeding: Excessive speed is a common cause of motorcycle accidents, as it can make it difficult for riders to react to changing traffic conditions.
- Poor Weather Conditions: Wet roads, heavy rain, or strong winds can all make it more difficult for motorcyclists to control their bikes.
- Lane Splitting: Lane splitting, or riding between lanes of stopped or slow-moving traffic, is a common cause of motorcycle accidents. Arizona recently legalized lane splitting.
- Alcohol and Drug Impairment: Drunk or impaired driving is a leading cause of motorcycle accidents, as it impairs the judgment and reaction time of both drivers and riders.
- Lack of Visibility: Motorcycles are smaller and less visible than other vehicles, which can make it difficult for drivers to see them and avoid collisions
- Left Turn Accidents: Many motorcycle accidents occur when drivers make left turns in front of oncoming motorcycles, failing to yield the right of way.
A Two-Year Statute of Limitations in Arizona
There is a deadline to file a motorcycle accident injury claim in Arizona. Under Ariz. Rev. Stat. § 12-542, any claim must be filed within two years of the date of the crash. There are very few exceptions to the statute of limitations. What happens if you wait too long to bring a motorcycle accident injury claim in Tucson? You will likely be barred from taking legal action at all. In other words, you could lose out on your chance to get financial compensation due to a legal technicality. Do not wait to get started: Consult with a Tucson motorcycle accident injury lawyer today.
What to Know About Motorcycle Accident Liability in Arizona
Were you or a close family member involved in a major motorcycle accident in Pima County? It is crucial to understand how Arizona law determines liability for a crash. Every accident requires a thorough investigation. Here are two things to know about motorcycle accident liability in Arizona:
- A Fault-Based System of Liability: The State of Arizona uses a fault-based standard of liability for all types of motor vehicle collisions, including motorcycle accidents. The party—whether a driver, a truck company, or the motorcyclist themself—who is found to be at fault for the crash is liable for the damages.
- Comparative Negligence for Motorcycle Accidents: Several parties may share the blame for a single motorcycle crash in Tucson. Under A.R.S. § 12-2505, liability for a motorcycle accident is divided based on the pure comparative negligence standard. A driver found to be at fault for 90 percent of a motorcycle accident is liable for 90 percent of the total damages.
Why Choose a Tucson Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
A dedicated Tucson personal injury attorney who focuses on motorcycle accidents understands that recovering is a long and arduous process. Our compassionate lawyers strive to reduce this burden as much as possible by taking on the parties responsible for your situation in your motorcycle accident claim. With the help of our personal injury lawyers, you may be able to receive compensation for a number of damages:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Ongoing treatment and medical care
- Lost wages
- Lost ability to earn wages
- Pain & suffering
- Property Damage
- Reduction in quality of life
- Wrongful Death
- And more
Why Choose Karnas Law Firm to Help You?
There are many ways to pursue the compensation you deserve following a motorcycle accident. When you speak with an attorney, they will help you determine the best course of action based on the facts of your case. They will work to investigate all aspects of the case and hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions. At Karnas Law Firm, our lawyers have years of experience handling tough negotiations with insurance companies, medical providers, and more. Our team can pursue any of the following methods to help you obtain damages:
- Trial verdict
Never settle for the first offer an insurance company makes. As they seek to protect their interests, they will try to settle for pennies on the dollar, abstaining from issuing the full amount you need to cover all your accident-related expenses. You should not have to face this process alone.
A motorcycle accident attorney understands how to work with insurance companies and fight for the compensation you deserve. They will go above and beyond to find the evidence to back up your case and will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. Because they are able to do this for you, you will be able to spend your time recovering from your injuries and returning to life as usual.
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Tucson
Don’t wait to hire an experienced motorcycle lawyer to assist you with your personal injury case. At Karnas Law, our lawyers have more than 25 years of experience and will protect your interests every step of the way! They have worked more than 10,000 cases to earn millions of dollars for their clients. Recognized for their exceptional and outstanding customer service and noted as being a Top 100 Trial Lawyer in Arizona, the lawyers at Karnas Law will work for you.