Tucson Car Accident Lawyer
What Happens After a Car Accident
Unexpected car accidents can leave you in a world of hurt, both physically and financially. Particularly, devastating injuries can leave you incapable of returning to your old quality of life or even getting back to the job that allowed you to maintain your quality of life. As you grapple with treating your injuries, dozens of worries may flood your mind. How will I pay for treatment? Will I be able to return to work? Will I ever achieve a full recovery? That is where we come in!
If you've been the victim of a recent car accident, you should know that there are trusted car accident attorneys in Tucson that you can turn to for help. An experienced Tucson car accident lawyer can help you overcome the aftermath of an accident as smoothly as possible. They can use their competence and confidence to build a strong case in your favor and earn you the maximum settlement allowed for your injuries under Arizona law. They can do that by working with your insurance company or the responsible parties. Either way, our attorney's can help you with your car accident claim.
At Karnas Law Firm, we understand you're going through a stressful time. Our accident attorneys are committed to fighting against injustice and making sure that we have a good attorney client relationship. With more than 50 years of experience, we have recovered over $50 million in damages for our clients. Let us put our skills to use in recovering the compensation you need to get back on track.
Be Proactive: Know the Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Tucson, Arizona
A serious car crash can change your entire life in mere seconds. Accidents are reported on our roads every single day. They remain a leading cause of preventable injuries in our region. According to data from the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT), there were 121,345 motor vehicle collisions officially reported in the state in 2021. In Pima County alone, there were 10,872 car accidents and 5,432 car accident injuries reported in 2021. You need to know how to protect yourself and your rights after a major crash. Here are key steps to take after an accident in Tucson.
- Stop Your Car and Exchange Information: If you are involved in a car accident in Tucson, Arizona, the first thing you should do is stop your car and make sure everyone involved is okay. If anyone is injured, call 911 immediately. If there are no injuries, you should exchange information with the other driver(s) involved. This includes your name, contact information, insurance information, and the make and model of your car. You should also take down the same information for the other driver(s).
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention: All car accident injuries in Tucson should be evaluated by a doctor. To be clear, emergency medical needs always come first. Call 911. Though, you still need medical care even if you don't think you are injured. Some injuries, such as whiplash or a concussion, may not present symptoms until hours or even days after the accident. Further, you cannot get compensation without medical records.
- Report the Crash to Law Enforcement: If the car accident caused injury, death, or property damage over $1,000, you are required to report the crash to law enforcement. You can do this by calling the Tucson Police Department, Pima County Sheriff's Office, or the Arizona Department of Public Safety. The officers will create a report of the accident, which can be helpful if you need to file an insurance claim or seek compensation.
- Document the Motor Vehicle Crash: You will be in a far better position to get justice and compensation after a serious car accident if you proactively document the collision. Beyond exchanging information with other parties involved in the collision, make sure you take pictures of the crash damage, get witness contact details, and otherwise document the scene.
- Speak to a Lawyer Before an Insurer: You should not trust a big insurance company to look out for what is best for you and your family. After a car accident, you may receive calls from insurance adjusters or other representatives from the other driver's insurance company. It is important to be careful when speaking to these individuals, as they may try to get you to settle for less than you are entitled to. Before speaking to an insurer, make sure you consult with an experienced Tucson auto accident attorney.
Common Car Accident Cases in Tucson
Car accidents usually happen due to someones negligence. As a car accident victim, you are entitled to compensation to help offset the effects of enduring significant losses after the personal injury caused by the car wreck. A traumatic car accident in Tucson can lead to several serious injuries, some of which may be debilitating for life. Common car accident injuries include:
- Back injuries.
- Head trauma and brain injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Cuts, lacerations, bruises, and scrapes.
- Fractured bones.
- Soft tissue injuries.
- Knee injuries.
- Facial disfigurement.
Overcoming injuries sustained in a car accident can be a job in itself. To fully recover, you need to be able to dedicate as much time as possible to healing your body and doing what it takes to regain your physical strength. When you work with our Tucson car accident attorneys, they will be able to take charge of the legal aspects of your settlement case so you can put all of your energy into returning to your normal life.
Coping With Medical Bills After You've Been Injured in an Accident
After suffering a serious injury, you can easily accumulate thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of debt from medical bills, bills for ongoing treatment after your hospital stay, costs associated with fixing your car, lost income, and more. Our car accident attorneys thoroughly investigate each case, diving into the details of your injuries so that they can secure compensation for your past, present, and future medical costs. With the help of one of our attorneys, you could recover compensation for the physical and emotional costs associated with your injuries. An attorney can help you recover for:
- Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Property Damage
- Pain and Suffering
- Lost earning Capacity
- …and more.
Following an accident, there is a multitude of documentation and bills to sift through. If you’re unsure of the settlement you’re entitled to, a knowledgeable car accident attorney will be able to review your case and devise a plan to get you the cash you deserve.
What Compensation Exists for Tucson Car Accident Victims?
When an accident takes place, the insurance company of the at-fault driver will go to extensive lengths to pay out as little as possible for costs associated with the accident. If you sustained injuries or experienced pain and suffering from an automobile accident, it’s vital to understand the tactics insurance companies use to get ahead.
Immediately after an accident, insurance adjusters will try to contact you to downplay the severity of your situation and avoid paying claims. They might even be quick to offer you what seems like an advantageous settlement. But, don’t be fooled. The first settlement offered by an insurance adjuster is often much less than what you deserve and will leave you hurting financially in the long term.
The best way to get the settlement you deserve is to partner with an experienced car accident lawyer. In fact, it’s in your best interest to never accept a settlement without speaking to a trusted car accident attorney first.
An Overview of Car Accident Laws in Arizona
Following a car accident in Tucson, it is normal to feel stressed out, frustrated, and not sure of exactly what to do next. It is important that you know your rights under the law. Here are some of the key points to understand about the car accident liability laws in Arizona:
- Arizona is a Fault-Based Car Crash Liability State: Some U.S. jurisdictions have no-fault auto accident laws in place. Arizona is not one of those states. In Arizona, liability for a car crash is based on fault. For this reason, it is absolutely essential that every serious crash in Tucson is carefully investigated. The party who caused the accident through their negligence—failure to proper care—can be held liable for the damages.
- Liability is Propionate to Degree of Fault (Comparative (Negligence): It is not especially uncommon for multiple parties to be found at-fault for the same car crash in Arizona. An injured victim may even be partially responsible for their own crash. In these cases, financial recovery is still possible. Under A.R.S. § 12-2505, car accident liability is handled based on pure comparative negligence. Each party is responsible for their “share” of the blame for a collision. If a speeding driver in Tucson is found to be 60 percent liable for a crash, they will bear responsibility for 60 percent of the damages.
- The Statute of Limitations is Two Years: Under Ariz. Rev. Stat. § 12-542, there is a two year statute of limitations for car accident claims. You must file a claim within two years of the date of the crash. What happens if you fail to bring a timely personal injury case for a car accident? You could be denied a chance to get compensation at all. Do not wait to get started with the process: Consult with a Tuscon, AZ auto accident attorney as soon as possible after a serious collision.
Why Hire the Tucson, AZ Auto Accident Lawyers at the Karnas Law Firm
Motorcycle accident injury claims are highly complicated. You do not have to go up against negligent defendants and insurance companies alone. At The Karnas Law Firm, we provide the high quality, results-oriented legal representation that you can rely on. When you reach out to our Tucson law office, you will have a chance to speak to an Arizona motorcycle accident attorney who can:
- Hear your story, review your case, and explain your rights/options;
- Investigate the motorcycle crash—gathering the evidence you need to move forward;
- Handle legal paperwork and settlement discussions with insurers; and
- Take action to help you get justice and the maximum financial settlement.
The experienced team of auto accident attorneys at Karnas Law Firm has more than 25 years of experience working on cases like yours. With their top-rated practice, they have helped more than 10,000 individuals and families earn the settlements they deserve. We represent car accident victims on a contingency fee basis—meaning we will not accept payment until you get paid. There are no upfront costs or out of pocket fees.
Our Experienced Tucson Accident Attorneys are Here to Help
If you’re ready to work with a law firm that is Lead Counsel Rated and recognized for its exceptional and outstanding client service, call (520) 462-3886 or contact us online to discuss your case for free. At Karnas Law Firm, we are standing by, ready to get started on your case. From our law office in Tucson, we handle auto accident injury claims throughout Pima County, including in Casas Adobes, Catalina Foothills, Marana, Oro Valley, Sahuarita, Drexel Heights, and Green Valley.
By far the most professional law firm I have dealt with! Very friendly and inviting! Did a great job in getting my case settled swiftly without any issues! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a great law firm!!
Want to Make $150?
Contact us about our referral program today!Find Out More