Car accidents are the leading cause of death in the United States for people 54 years and older. Additionally, they are the leading cause of non-natural death for US civilians traveling or residing abroad. Across the world, cars share the roads with buses, pedestrians, trucks, among other travelers. Effective traveling, thanks to motor vehicles, supports both social and economic developments in many countries. However, every year, car accidents are responsible for millions of injuries and fatalities.
If you have sustained injuries or lost a loved one in a car accident in Arizona and California resulting from another person’s fault, you can pursue a wrongful death claim to seek damages. Contact an expert Car Accident Attorney at Karnas Law Firm, PLLC, for a free, no-obligation consultation about your case.
Global Annual Car Accidents Deaths, And Injuries
There are a number of significant car accident statistics that illustrate the potential severity of automotive collisions, including:
- Every year, 1.35 million people die on the world’s highways
- Every day, nearly 3,700 people die in the car, bus, motorcycle, bicycle, truck, or pedestrian accidents worldwide. Pedestrians, motorcyclists, and cyclists account for more than half of those killed.
- Crash accidents are the eighth leading cause of death worldwide for people of all ages and the leading cause of death for children and young people aged 5 to 29. Crash deaths now outnumber HIV/AIDS deaths.
Steps to Improve Road Safety
Accidents involving motor vehicles are a public health issue in the United States and around the world. These accidents and deaths can be prevented. There are several steps you can take to stay safe on the road — whether you’re a driver, passenger, cyclist, or pedestrian — including:
- Always buckle up on any ride, no matter how brief, and ensure your children do the same.
- While riding or driving motorcycles, motorbikes, or bicycles, always wear a helmet.
- Do not drive when intoxicated or under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and avoid traveling with a drunk driver.
- Keep to the speed limit.
- Maintain a distraction-free driving environment. For example, don’t text, email, or use social media on your phone while driving.
- Only ride in marked taxis, and don’t board taxis without seat belts.
- Stop taking buses or minivans that are overcrowded, or overweight.
Whether you are on the road, at home, in Arizona, or any other state in the US, it’s essential to understand the risks present on the road. Make sure you take the necessary measures to protect your safety and health.
Unfortunately, regardless of how cautious or careful you are on the road, you might still find yourself involved in a car accident. If you believe that another party is to blame for the incident, you should file a personal injury claim to recover damages. To ensure a successful claim, you need an experienced attorney by your side.
Contact Karnas Law Firm
The experienced Car Accident Attorneys at Karnas Law Firm, PLLC, offer top-level legal advocacy and representation in personal injury cases resulting from car accidents. Contact the office at 520-462-3886 or 928-723-0088 to determine your legal options and build a case steered towards full compensation.
Call Today! (928) 723-0088
Want to Make $150?
Contact us about our referral program today!Find Out More