While car accidents are a leading cause of injury in Tucson, there’s nothing “normal” feeling about being involved in a crash. On the contrary, you may feel overwhelmed about the experience, your injuries, how to file a claim, how to learn more about your car accident report, and how to recover the compensation to which you’re entitled. At the office of the Karnas Law Firm, PLLC, we can help. To learn more about how to find out more about a car accident claim in Tucson, please call our law firm directly.
Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents are almost always caused by the negligence and wrongdoing of one of the parties involved. For example, common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Drunk driving
- Performing illegal maneuvers
- Failure to yield
- Aggressive driving
If you have been in a car accident caused by the wrongful act of another party, you deserve to be compensated in full for your losses. Our lawyers can help you to find out how.
Damages from a Car Accidents
A car accident can lead to catastrophic losses for the victim(s) involved. Types of damages from a car accident include:
- Physical injuries. Physical injuries can vary widely depending on the details of the crash and might include traumatic brain injuries, facial injuries, internal injuries, bone fracture injuries, external injuries, and back and neck injuries.
- Psychological injuries. Psychological injuries may follow a car accident. Common psychological injuries are post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, and anxiety.
- Monetary losses. Physical injuries are painful and expensive to treat, often requiring hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical care costs. If injuries are serious, a person may also suffer lost wages or loss of earning capacity. This is in addition to vehicle damage costs.
- Noneconomic losses. Noneconomic losses are intangible losses, such as the value of a person’s pain, suffering, and emotional distress.
How Can I Find Out More About Car Accidents? FAQs About Being in a Car Accident
If you have been in a car accident and are trying to find out more about the claims process or the details of your crash, you likely have numerous questions. At Karnas Law Firm, PLLC, we can help. Here are some frequently asked questions—and their answers—that we hear from clients:
- What happens if the other driver didn’t have insurance? If you have been in a crash and you believe the other driver was to blame, you may be wondering who will pay for your claim if the other driver didn’t have insurance. In Arizona, uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance is required, which means that if you’re in a crash with someone who doesn’t have insurance, your own policy will kick in.
- How can I request a copy of my police accident report? If you have been in a crash and are trying to find out more about your accident, you should be sure to request a copy of your accident report. In some cases, you may be able to do this at the scene of the accident. Otherwise, you can request a copy of the accident report by contacting the Arizona Department Records Unit. You will need to wait 14 days from the date of the incident to access your accident report. An accident report will likely be required for an insurance claim.
- Is Arizona an at-fault car accident state? Arizona is an at-fault car accident state, which means that drivers who cause accidents are responsible for paying for them. This means that if you’re in a crash with another driver and you can prove that the other driver’s negligence was the proximate cause of your accident and injuries, you can hold them liable for the value of your damages.
- How will a car accident lawyer help me? The role of a car accident attorney is to advocate for you throughout the process and work hard to get you the settlement that you deserve. Your car accident attorney will be responsible for investigating your case, building your claim, proving fault, calculating your damages, negotiating your settlement, and more throughout the process.
Learn More About the Claims Process Today
If you have been involved in a car accident, don’t hesitate to call our Tucson car accident attorney directly today for your free consultation. Our law firm works on a contingency fee basis, which means that we don’t get paid unless you do. We always offer free consultations and can start working on your case immediately.
Want to Make $150?
Contact us about our referral program today!Find Out More