Nogales, AZ Car Accident Lawyer
When You Hire One Attorney at Karnas Law, You're Hiring a Team
Home » Nogales, Arizona Car Accident Lawyer
Nogales Car Accident Lawyer
You Are Not Alone
One of the most common reasons people need a personal injury attorney in Nogales, Arizona is car accidents. Extremely damaging and devastating, car accidents can cause serious physical, mental, and emotional injuries. If you’ve recently suffered a car accident because of someone else’s negligent actions, you need to know you’re not alone and there are professional attorneys available to help you navigate your way back to your normal life.
To understand how truly devastating car accidents are, all you need to do is look at the statistics. In 2017, Arizona saw a total of 127,064 car accidents. As a result, 1,000 people were killed, and another 55,474 were injured. The injuries sustained in a car accident are often severe enough to require an individual to miss work, limiting their ability to yield a steady income while medical and property repair bills pile up.
The car accident lawyers at Karnas Law Firm can provide much-needed relief during this troubling time. Our team of personal injury attorneys can analyze the facts of your incident, engage in negotiation with the insurance company, and help recover just compensation for all relevant damages suffered in the car or truck accident.
Types of Car Accidents in Nogales
Car accidents manifest in different ways. The type of car accident can vastly differ depending on inciting factors like road conditions, driver behaviors, as well as vehicle positioning. Rear-end collisions are the most common type of accidents in Arizona. Some others include:
- Head-on collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Single car accidents
- Multi-vehicle pileups
What all car accidents have in common, however, is the ability to inflict life-altering injuries. All parties injured in a car accident, including passengers, should seek immediate medical attention. This is true for seemingly minor accidents as well.
Individuals may be unaware of injuries until the pain starts intensifying days or even weeks later. This raises the chances of them missing out on substantial compensation for not reporting the injury initially. Our experienced personal injury attorney has seen many times when this happens and we want to make sure that doesn’t happen to you!
Causes of Car Accidents in Nogales
Vehicle defects and road conditions are major catalysts for car accidents, but they are not the most common. Driver negligence is to blame for the majority of car accident claims. Oftentimes, simple actions like grooming and adjusting the volume cause severe accidents.
The top cause for crashes in Arizona is speeding. Other common causes of car accidents in Nogales include:
- Distracted driving. Drivers may be distracted by texting, talking on the phone, eating, adjusting the radio, or engaging in other activities that divert their attention from the road.
- Speeding. Excessive speed reduces a driver’s reaction time and increases the severity of accidents.
- Drunk driving. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can impair a driver’s judgment, reaction time, and coordination.
- Disobeying traffic laws. Running red lights and stop signs can result in intersection accidents.
- Fatigue. Fatigued drivers are almost as dangerous as drunk drivers, according to studies. They have impaired concentration and slower reaction times and are likely to fall asleep while behind the wheel.
- Weather conditions. Adverse weather conditions such as rain, snow, ice, fog, and heavy winds can reduce visibility and road traction, making accidents more likely to occur.
- Mechanical failures. Vehicle malfunctions, such as brake failures or tire blowouts, can lead to accidents.
- Inexperience. Teens and other novice drivers may lack the experience to handle challenging driving situations.
In personal injury law, especially with car accidents, the statute of limitations (SOL) in Arizona is two years from the date of the incident. Once the two years SOL expires, you forever lose the ability to recover compensation for any accident-related damages.
Following a car accident, medical bills and property damage may be your primary concern, but with the help of an attorney, you can recover compensation for much more. Common accident-related damages include:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Ongoing treatment and medical care for things like Traumatic brain injury
- Lost wages
- Loss of consortium
- Lost ability to earn wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Reduction in quality of life
Because there is so much going on following a car accident, it can be confusing and difficult to determine what type of settlement you’re entitled to and the size of the settlement you deserve. The good news is if you partner with a trusted car accident attorney they will be able to uncover the details of your case to help you understand the settlement you can receive under the law and build a compelling case in your favor. Let us start helping you with your car accident case by calling us today!
What Should You Do After a Car Accident?
Car accidents can often be overwhelming. It is normal for a victim to feel confused about their next move. After a car crash, you should do the following.
- Seek medical attention – This is a crucial step, even if you do not feel injured. Any delays could lead to your injuries becoming more severe. Also, seeking medical attention early allows you to obtain documented evidence that your accident caused your injuries.
- Collect evidence – The proof you collect immediately after an accident will be instrumental in building your case. Take photos of the scene, surrounding areas, license plates, vehicle damage, and bodily injuries.
- Collect contact information – Gather the other driver’s insurance and contact information. You can also compile the contact information of possible witnesses.
- Notify your insurance provider – Call your insurer and inform them of the incident. Don’t divulge too many details until you have spoken to an attorney.
- Consult with an attorney – Arizona has a two-year statute of limitations. The sooner you file your personal injury claim, the better. Additionally, an attorney can help collect further evidence and deal with insurance companies.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Nogales or the surrounding areas, call Karnas Law Firm to speak to the Nogales Car Accident Attorneys.
Car Accident FAQs
Here are some answers to common questions about car accidents;
Should I admit fault?
You should never admit fault. It’s best to let police investigate what happened because you may not even be at fault. Even saying “I’m sorry” can ruin your claim and make the insurance company blame you for the crash.
Do I need to see a doctor after an accident?
Yes, you should always see a doctor after an accident, even if you feel fine. Some injuries may not present themselves right away, so visiting a doctor and getting checked out can protect your claim. It may also be worth your while to receive a copy of all medical records for your insurance claim and accident claim when you go to seek compensation.
I have auto insurance. How do I use it after an accident?
Report the accident to your insurance company. They will assess the damage and cover the damages based on your policy. Remember that insurance companies will strive to give only a base value. Through the legal system you may be able to recover more.
What happens if the at-fault driver doesn’t have insurance?
If the other driver doesn’t have insurance, this is when your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage will kick in. Your auto insurance policy will pay for a portion of the damages. If you don’t have adequate insurance, then your only other option will be to pursue a lawsuit against the at-fault driver.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit after a car accident?
The statute of limitations varies from state to state. In Arizona, you have up to two years from the date of the car accident to file a lawsuit and recover compensation. This applies to all personal injury cases. Keep in mind that you need to act quickly. If you are even day late in filing a claim
Should I hire an attorney after a car accident?
It depends on your situation. Hiring a lawyer for a minor fender-bender would not be worth it. However, if you suffered serious injuries or have a complex case, a lawyer’s advice can be highly beneficial.
Proven and Trusted Nogales Car Accident Attorneys
If you’ve suffered from a car accident, you’ve already suffered enough. Don’t go through the aftermath of the accident alone. Reach out to a local, proven, and trusted Nogales car accident attorney today.
The Nogales car accident lawyers at Karnas Law Firm are here to help you recover the maximum amount available for all associated damages. With more than 25 years of experience representing injured accident victims in Arizona, we understand the stress of being injured as a result of a third party’s negligence. Our team can lift the burden of settling a personal injury claim from your shoulders and relentlessly fight for fair compensation.
Our attorneys are known as some of the top lawyers in the business and have received accolades such as Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Lawyers and Top 100 Trial Lawyers. We are also Lead Counsel rated.