Were You Hurt Due To Dangerous Products?
As consumers, we trust that the products we buy in grocery stores, retail stores, or online will be safe to use; yet, each year, thousands of consumers are seriously hurt or killed due to defective products. Manufacturers have a responsibility to test their products rigorously to ensure their safety before they are available to the public.
There are federal and state regulations by which product manufacturers must abide to ensure the strictest level of care. When manufacturers fail to adhere to these stringent standards, negligence ensues, placing millions of lives at risk of harm.
If you were hurt due to a faulty product, you might be entitled to compensation. A skilled product liability lawyer at Karnas Law Firm can evaluate your case and guide you through the legal process when pursuing a dangerous product lawsuit. These cases are highly complex as many parties may be at fault for the flaws that ultimately led to your injuries. For the best possible results, speak with a Tucson defective product lawyer by calling (502) 571-9700 for a free case review.
Types of Dangerous Product Lawsuits
A person who is injured by a defective product may have grounds to file a lawsuit against the parties responsible for allowing the defective product to get into the hands of consumers. It is possible that with the help of an attorney, you may be able to file a claim against the manufacturer, distributor, wholesaler, or retailer. A dangerous product lawsuit may be brought forth due to:
- Manufacturing defects
- Defective design
- Failure to provide adequate warnings or instructions
- Marketing defects
Additionally, you may be able to file one of three types of dangerous product lawsuits in any one of these instances.
- Negligence. State and federal laws hold manufacturers and product designers to the highest standards of care to ensure they create products that will not harm consumers. To prove negligence occurred, the claimant must show that carelessness in the design or manufacture of the product led to his or her injuries. He or she must also prove that the defendant had a duty to sell a safe product and that a breach of the defendant’s duty to do so occurred. Finally, the plaintiff must be able to show the defective product was directly responsible for the injury.
- Strict Liability. Most product liability cases are pursued under the theory of strict liability. In these cases, the injured party must simply prove that a defect in a product exists and that he or she sustained an injury because of it. For the plaintiff to recover damages, he or she must have purchased the item from an original source.
- Breach of Warranty. Goods offer two warranties the buyer can rely upon to know that the product will work as intended. These are the express warranty and the implied warranty. The express warranty is any representation of the product and its safety made by the manufacturer. The implied warranty is a promise by the manufacturer or other liable parties that, if used as intended, the product will not cause harm. This type of lawsuit may be filed by anyone who would reasonably expect to use the product as intended and is hurt regardless.
Common Dangerous Products Cases
Karnas Law Firm represents individuals in Tucson who were hurt by a variety of products. Some of the most common dangerous product cases we represent involve:
- Tires and other auto parts
- Medical devices
- Sports equipment
- Home fixtures and furnishings
- Kitchen appliances
- Ladders and scaffolding
- Construction equipment
- Machinery and tools
Compensation Following a Dangerous Product Lawsuit
Victims of dangerous product accidents in Tucson may be able to recover compensation to make up for all the expenses associated with recovering from a serious injury. If you were hospitalized and unable to work, you can recover for past and future medical expenses, lost time at work, and pain and suffering.
Attorneys at Karnas Law Firm thoroughly investigate all the facts of defective product cases to hold the parties at fault accountable for their actions. With over 50 years of experience, we have recovered over $50 million for our clients. Call (520) 441-3053 to speak with a Tucson dangerous product attorney about your case or contact us online. You won’t pay a cent until we recover each cent you deserve