Those who hear the words “catastrophic injury” following a car accident know exactly what they mean. They bear the devastating news that a terrible accident uprooted your life in a matter of seconds. Your perception of what you can accomplish has dramatically changed because now, your physical abilities are limited. From spinal cord injuries to traumatic brain injuries, these conditions bestow permanent injuries that can cause temporary or permanent disabilities. Additionally, the expenses associated with these injuries can financially devastate you and your family. If you have suffered a catastrophic injury in Tucson, your case deserves the personal attention and unique insight of an experienced catastrophic injury lawyer.
Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries often present themselves in cases of gross negligence. Whether you have suffered from a commercial truck accident, medical negligence, or a slip and fall, these tragic conditions can lead to an extended period of suffering. These injuries disrupt the most vital regions of your body, such as the central nervous system, which is responsible for several functions. Additionally, catastrophic injuries include trauma to the spine, spinal cord, brain, or skull. Common injuries include:
- Spine or spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spine fractures
- Skull fractures
- Ruptured organs
- Severe burns
- Loss of limbs
- Permanent joint damage
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Badly broken bones
These injuries result in costly ongoing treatment and care. In nearly all cases, they can keep you out of work for months, years, or a lifetime. Working with a knowledgeable attorney who has handled catastrophic injury cases is the first step toward some sense of normalcy following a tragic accident.
Top Expenses Associated with Catastrophic Injuries in Tucson
The burden of paying the astronomical expenses resulting from your traumatic injuries should be borne by the parties responsible for the injuries you have sustained. At Karnas Law Firm, our Tucson catastrophic injury attorneys hire private investigators, reconstruct the accident, consult with medical experts, and more to determine fault and build a strong case. By working with our attorneys, you may receive compensation for:
- Medical expenses, including life-saving surgeries, physical therapy, nursing home treatment, long stays in the hospital or intensive care unit, in-home care, ER visits, doctor’s appointment/ specialists fees, medication costs, and more.
- Medical devices and supplies such as wheelchairs, prosthetics, breathing machines, emergency alert systems, special accommodations, and more.
- Lost wages to help you maintain your standard of living. After sustaining such a tragic accident, utility bills, rent or mortgage payments, credit card bills, and all other regular expenses continue to pile up. We’re here to ensure that you receive what you need to continue to care for your family
At Karnas Law Firm, we understand you are going through a difficult time and may be experiencing a rollercoaster of emotions. By thoroughly investigating your case, we strive to uphold your rights and your dignity at each step of the litigation process. With over twenty-five years of experience, we have helped clients win each penny they deserve following a tragic accident. Call (520) 571-9700 or contact us online to discuss your case for free.