MARANA PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
When You Hire One Attorney at Karnas Law, You're Hiring a Team
Home » Marana Personal Injury Lawyer
Marana Personal Injury Lawyer
We Represent Injured Victims Throughout Tucson And All The Surrounding Areas!
For more than 40 years, Karnas Law Firm has been on the frontlines protecting the rights of accident victims to fair treatment and justice. Men and women in Marana reach out to our firm after suffering injuries in car wrecks, slip and falls, and other accidents. They have many fears, and they express doubt that anyone is willing to help them.
We will. At Karnas Law, every member of our team is dedicated to ensuring you receive the maximum compensation allowed in Arizona. If you reach out to us, we can discuss your accident and injuries. We will also analyze whether you can bring a personal injury claim and who we might sue. There is no reason to delay. An experienced, helpful Marana personal injury lawyer is only a phone call away.
A Full-Service Personal Injury Law Firm
Our experienced attorneys can help anyone hurt in an accident:
- Car accidents: Hundreds of motor vehicle accidents happen each year in Pima County. Innocent motorists suffer serious injuries in rollovers, T-bones, head-on collisions, and sideswipes. Arizona requires that drivers carry liability coverage for these wrecks, and we can help you submit a claim.
- Truck accidents: Semi-trucks and other commercial vehicles pull into town every day of the week. These trucks are so large and heavy they can decimate smaller vehicles in a collision, leaving occupants with catastrophic injuries. Many accidents are caused by negligent truckers or trucking companies.
- Premises liability accidents: Our clients are injured in many property-related accidents involving slip and falls, trip and falls, swimming pool accidents, or negligent security. We help victims hold the property owner accountable for the hazards and defects which led to your injury.
- Medical malpractice: Medical professionals must follow the accepted standard of care. When they fall short, patients end up sicker or possibly die because they did not receive the care they needed. We know how to find helpful expert evidence to build a claim for compensation.
- Defective products: Manufacturers are liable when they put dangerous products in the stream of commerce. Many products have either a design or manufacturing defect. Others are missing critical warning labels or instructions. Let us review the facts and determine whether we can seek compensation for your injuries.
- Mass torts: We can also help anyone injured in a mass tort accident. These involve multiple people, and include bus accidents, plane accidents, or fires or explosions.
Painful Bodily Injuries
These accidents leave victims with multiple, disabling medical conditions. Some of our clients cannot leave the hospital and call us from their hospital bed. Others are convalescing at home when they finally pick up the phone and ask for legal assistance.
We are eager to help anyone suffering from:
- Neck and head injuries: whiplash, cervical fracture, strains and sprains, concussions, intracranial hemorrhage, and other injuries.
- Back injuries: back strain, herniated disc, vertebral fracture, spondylosis, spinal cord damage, and more!
- Skin injuries: burns, lacerations, abrasions, and disfiguring scars.
- Catastrophic injuries: moderate or severe traumatic brain injury, paralysis, amputation, third- and fourth-degree burns, and more.
- Death: family members can seek compensation in a wrongful death claim when a loved one dies in an accident.
What Evidence Do We Use?
To establish a valid personal injury claim, we must show the defendant owed you a duty of care but failed to fulfill it. That means showing how the accident happened. Did a distracted driver smash into you? Or did spilled liquid cause you to fall inside a store? We need evidence.
We can rely on your own testimony in most cases. But we also like to bolster a claim with additional helpful evidence, such as:
- Third party witness testimony. Did other people observe the accident? For example, another motorist on the road or a pedestrian could have seen a motorist crash into you by running a red light. Their testimony is helpful at establishing fault.
- Surveillance or dashcam video. Seeing the accident unfold on video is especially helpful. Closed-circuit TV should capture any accident happening in a store. Dashcams might record any motor vehicle collision.
- Photographs. You can also use your phone to get a picture of the accident scene. Let’s say you trip on uneven floorboards and fall, bumping your head. A photograph of the hazard establishes its existence.
A successful claim also requires that we connect the accident to your injuries and establish the severity of your injuries. We often use:
- Medical records. X-rays and CT scans show fractures and other internal injuries. Patient records help establish your physical injury. Please go to the hospital soon after the accident.
- Expert witness testimony. Experts help us understand how the defendant’s negligence injured you. For example, a doctor might have delayed giving a pregnant woman a C-section. An expert establishes that this delay caused the baby’s brain injury.
- Testimony from family and friends. The people who know you can testify as to how your injuries have impacted your life.
Call our firm for help with obtaining or preserving vital evidence. The sooner we get to work, the more helpful evidence we can get.
Yes, You Can Receive Compensation!
Accidents majorly disrupt our clients’ lives. Many suddenly realize they cannot support themselves and might not even be able to pay their mortgage. Please reach out to a Marana, Arizona personal injury lawyer to review possible compensation:
- Lost income or wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Past and future medical bills and expenses
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
A common question is “How much can I receive?” The answer is unsatisfying but true: everything depends on the facts of your case. Someone with temporary, minor injuries and little pain might receive a small settlement. By contrast, major catastrophic injuries and permanent disfigurement will warrant much more. To obtain an individualized case assessment, call our Marana, AZ personal injury attorneys.
We will also review whether you can receive punitive damages. Arizona law allows punitive damages when the defendant intentionally injured you or where their conduct showed a disregard for your safety or rights. Punitive damages seek to deter others from committing these terrible acts. For example, we could seek punitive damages for a drunk driving accident.
Standing Head and Shoulders Above the Competition
Arizona has thousands of personal injury lawyers competing for your attention and service. What sets Karnas Law Firm apart?
We credit our success to our experience and diversity. These assets allow us to provide a full, 360-degree analysis of the facts and relevant law. Thanks to our professional experience, we often know how insurance companies and other defendants think, which gives us a leg up when it comes to negotiating a favorable settlement.
If you hire Karnas Law Firm, we can:
- Identify what evidence is helpful in establishing liability for the accident.
- Request necessary evidence, such as medical records, and demand that defendants preserve other relevant information.
- Determine who is liable for your accident and whether liability is shared.
- Handle all communications and paperwork for you, which allows you to recover with peace of mind.
- Develop a case strategy for effective negotiation, including the possibility that we might need to sue in court.
- Hold out for more compensation when insurance companies try to shortchange you.
Key Personal Injury Laws in Arizona
Personal injury is a broad field with many detailed laws. Our legal team stays abreast of all changes to ensure your legal right to compensation is always protected.
One relevant law is the statute of limitations (A.R.S. § 12-542). This law provides a two-year window for filing a personal injury lawsuit. Go past this deadline, by even a day, and you lose the capacity to receive any compensation. It’s a tough pill to swallow, so we recommend accident victims and their families reach out to us as soon as possible.
Another law involves comparative negligence. In some states, you lose the ability to seek any compensation if you contributed in even a small way to the accident. Helpfully, Arizona does not follow that rigid rule. Instead, you can sue regardless of your degree of fault, but your damages are reduced proportionally. So someone who is 66% at fault will only receive 34% of their damages.
Karnas Law Firm’s team knows how to build up the evidentiary basis for your claim. We excel at minimizing our client’s fault, such as texting and driving when a drunk motorist crashes into you, or failing to check where you put your feet when walking into a store. We never let defendants easily slide out from under their obligation to compensate you for their negligence.
Call Our Firm to Speak with an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer
All accident victims deserve fair treatment and experienced legal representation. You do not have to negotiate a settlement on your own. Instead, call Karnas Law Firm today. Our team has obtained more than $50 million for people injured in all sorts of personal injury accidents. In a free consultation, we will answer your questions and provide a preliminary analysis of your rights. Reach out today by calling or by submitting information online.