SOMERTON PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
When You Hire One Attorney at Karnas Law, You're Hiring a Team
Home » Somerton Personal Injury Lawyer
Somerton Personal Injury Lawyer
We Represent Injured Victims Yuma, Somerton, And All Surrounding Areas!
Careless, dangerous people cause too many accidents in Somerton, and our friends and neighbors suffer unnecessary injuries as a result. If only there was a way to make accident victims whole and hold defendants accountable at the same time.
There is. Karnas Law Firm has represented accident victims for more than 40 years in personal injury lawsuits based on accidents. We have a long history of suing drunk drivers, negligent property owners, trucking companies, incompetent doctors, and others when they unnecessarily injure innocent people. Please call our firm today. Bringing a personal injury claim takes hard work and the right legal knowledge, but we have helped hundreds of people over the decades. One of our Somerton personal injury lawyers can review all your legal options in a free case evaluation.
Do You Have a Valid Personal Injury Claim?
Many accident victims have no idea whether they can sue following an accident. Unfortunately, too many believe their injuries are minor and not worth pursuing compensation for.
In Arizona, you have a personal injury case whenever someone owes you a duty of care but acts carelessly. Many of our clients seek compensation for the following:
Somerton experiences dozens of car accidents each year, leaving victims with painful fractures, neck injuries, and concussions. Our clients are hurt in a variety of wrecks, including rear-end collisions, T-bones, multi-vehicle pileups, and drunk driving collisions. You can submit a claim on the at-fault driver’s liability coverage or, if they are uninsured, your own policy. Disputes regarding fault will frustrate many claims, so contact our Somerton car accident lawyer to discuss.
Large trucks cause even more catastrophic damage when they collide with smaller vehicles. You can suffer devastating injuries, including severe brain damage, amputation, and back injuries. Several different parties could be at fault—not only the truck driver—so work closely with our Somerton personal injury lawyer to determine liability.
Property owners must keep their premises reasonably safe for any visitor. Our clients are injured in swimming pools and hot tubs, slip and falls, dog attacks, and other incidents. Building a claim for compensation presents challenges, because most evidence is in the possession of the property owner. Our legal team can sue a business, hospital, private residence, or public agency for dangerous premises.
Many products injure people due to flaws in their design or manufacture. Other products are missing proper warnings or instructions which are necessary to make these products safe. In Arizona, you can sue a manufacturer if you are injured by an unreasonably dangerous product.
Medical professionals are well respected in the community, but they often injure their patients. We have sued doctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, hospitals, and nursing homes for failing to follow the correct standard of care. Medical malpractice cases are some of the hardest to bring successfully in Arizona. You should work closely with our legal team. You might sue for a surgical mistake, diagnostic error, bedsore, hospital-acquired infection, or medication error.
What is the Average Personal Injury Settlement in Somerton?
We aren’t aware of anyone who has collected information about all settlements to come up with an average. In any event, the “average” number isn’t useful. Instead, you deserve an individualized case assessment that looks at:
- Your medical needs. You can receive compensation for all medical care to treat your injuries, including reasonably certain future care if you are permanently disabled. Expenses include visits with your doctor, surgery, rehabilitation, wheelchairs, and prescription medications.
- Income lost after the accident. Most of our clients need time in bed to recover, which means taking time off work. You should be compensated for any lost income.
- Damage to your property. Those involved in car or truck accidents need to have their vehicles fixed so they can drive them again.
- Pain and suffering. A fair settlement should include compensation for non-financial losses, such as physical pain and depression or anxiety. We work closely to fully understand the disruption caused by your injuries.
In some cases, we might also seek punitive damages, especially if the defendant acted with ill intent or disregard for your safety. Punitive damages serve to punish a defendant, deterring them (and others) from committing similar bad acts in the future.
Factors Which Reduce a Settlement
Even if we establish someone is at fault for your injuries, certain factors could keep you from receiving maximum compensation. Fortunately, we have found ways around these hurdles.
One limitation is comparative negligence. Your own careless actions leading up to an accident can reduce your compensation. For example, you might have walked down a pharmacy aisle while scrolling through your text messages. You never see a pool of water on the floor and therefore slip, injuring yourself. The defendant might claim you were partially at fault for not watching your feet. With comparative negligence, your compensation is reduced proportionally, so someone 40% at fault receives 40% less in damages.
Another limitation is a lack of insurance or resources. Some defendants have no assets and are “judgment proof.” We can sue them in court, but all we’ll get is a piece of paper ordering the defendant to pay you.
Helpfully, we know how to find other insurance policies that might cover the accident. If you were hurt in a car accident, you can use your uninsured motorist coverage. Any person who was working when they injured you could have liability insurance, or their employer must cover the cost of the accident. Let us begin investigating.
How Insurance Companies Treat Accident Victims
In most personal injury cases, an insurance company will be on the other side. We have sued companies providing car insurance, homeowner’s insurance, medical malpractice coverage, or general business liability coverage. In all cases, insurance adjusters are looking out only for themselves. They are not trying to be “fair” or give you the biggest settlement possible. Any money to you comes out of their bank account, so you can expect them to be hostile.
Some insurance companies behave in an underhanded manner:
- Delayed investigations. An insurer should promptly open a claim and review relevant evidence, like witness statements. Some insurers simply drag their feet, hoping you will feel pressure to settle.
- Disputes around liability. An insurance company might deny their insured is liable. This type of knee jerk reaction isn’t based on the facts. They simply deny outright that they owe you compensation, hoping you will give up.
- Spying and social media mining. Insurance adjusters might disbelieve you are hurt, so they begin combing through your social media accounts to find evidence to use in their claim. For example, they might see you traveled out of town and claim you are exaggerating your pain. Other insurers hire private investigators to show up outside your house.
- Recorded statements and similar tactics. Insurers love to call up and ask you questions about the accident. As mentioned above, your own negligence can reduce your compensation, so they are probably fishing for a damaging admission, like you weren’t paying attention before the accident.
Our Somerton personal injury lawyers have seen all sorts of underhanded tactics. We know how to remind insurers of their legal obligation to handle claims in good faith, and we might even sue them if they don’t stop.
Our Commitment to Our Clients
Karnas Law Firm recognizes the stress our clients feel after an accident. We strive to make the legal process as comfortable as possible, and to that end we will:
- Listen to your story and answer your questions.
- Find evidence in support of your case, including performing an investigation if necessary.
- Collect evidence and documents for your legal claim.
- Answer all questions posed by defendants and their insurers.
- Analyze your claim to better understand the settlement value of your case.
- Negotiate with defendants in good faith to settle a claim without the need for litigation.
- File a lawsuit before the statute of limitations passes to protect you.
We bring unparalleled dedication, experience, and knowledge to every case we accept. Other Arizona firms run personal injury “mills” which chew up and spit out clients. Those attorneys might not even learn your name. At Karnas Law, we only accept a case if we fully believe in the strength of your legal claim, and we worry about the whole person, including your family.
The best news of all: you can afford our services. Karnas Law Firm represents our personal injury clients using contingency fee agreements. In essence, we agree to take your case, and you only owe us legal fees if we win. This means we accept all the risk, and you won’t owe us a dollar unless we win.
Our Yuma Personal Injury Lawyers Are Here to Help You!
Were you injured in any type of accident in Somerton? If so, please call Karnas Law Firm today. We can immediately review whatever evidence or information you have in your possession. We will also provide an overview of the personal injury claims process and offer preliminary ideas about the strength of your claim. To schedule an appointment, call us today or reach out online.