If you were injured while stepping foot on defective property that you did not know was defective, you might have grounds for a premises liability lawsuit in Tucson. At Karnas Law Firm, we devote a significant portion of our personal injury law practice to representing those who were hurt through no fault of their own due to a property owner’s negligence. Our team of premises liability lawyers seeks maximum compensation in each and every case.
Premises liability law is the area of law that holds the land or business owner liable for injuries guests incur while on their property. Property owners in Tucson must execute a duty of reasonable care to prevent injuries to people on their premises. A property owner carries a greater duty of care to those whom he invites onto his property than to trespassers; however, the property owner has a legal obligation to refrain from willfully harming trespassers.
Those who have incurred injuries on another’s property due to negligence should contact our attorneys to learn whether they have grounds for a lawsuit and what their next steps should be to secure compensation. The sooner you contact us, the sooner our attorneys can demand the compensation you deserve.
Common Premises Liability Claims in Arizona
Slip-and-fall accidents are by far the most common premises liability claims in Tucson. A slip-and-fall can occur in a number of ways. From a wet floor to an uneven sidewalk, business owners have a responsibility to inform customers of hazardous property conditions. When they fail to place warning signs or correct the conditions, they fail to perform their duty of reasonable care.
Other common claims involve:
- Falling objects, such as boxes, merchandise, shelving, debris, and more
- Uneven floors
- Hidden pits or holes
- Defective stairs
- Bad lighting
- Torn carpeting
- Unattended swimming pools
Property and business owners may also be liable for death or injury due to the criminal actions of a third-party that took place on their property.
Damages to Which You May be Entitled
Attorneys with Karnas Law Firm strive to obtain the maximum available funds to help you recover from your accident. These days, barely anyone can afford routine medical care, let alone the testing, surgery, equipment, supervision, rehabilitation and more that can follow a serious injury. When you work with our firm, your premises liability attorney will seek compensation for:
- All past, present, and future medical bills associated with your accident.
- Pain and suffering. Depending on the severity and permanency of your injuries, your attorney will calculate the amount of compensation you should be awarded for pain and suffering.
- Lost wages. Many times, a serious slip and fall or other premises liability accident can keep a victim out of work for a significant period. We strive to help you recover the value of the wages you lost due to your accident.
- Reduced or lost earning capacity. Severe injuries may prevent you from returning to work or fulfilling the job duties you held before you became injured. If your injuries are so severe, you may be able to recover compensation for lost earning capacity if you can show that the injury you suffered directly reduced your potential to earn a wage. These funds may go toward retraining or re-education.
At Karnas Law Firm, We Look Forward to Serving You!
Our Tucson premises liability attorneys have successfully handled claims against individuals, businesses, government entities, and private and public institutions. We have over 25 years of experience standing up for more than 10,000 injured clients throughout Tucson. Call (520) 571-9700 or contact us to schedule a free case review. We do not get paid until we win your case!