Car crashes happen every day in our region. The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) reports that there were 98,778 motor vehicle collisions in the state in 2020 alone. While getting into a serious accident is always stressful, the situation can be especially complicated and confusing if you are involved in a wreck while on vacation or otherwise visiting another state. In this article, our Tucson auto accident lawyer explains the key things to know about out-of-state car crashes.
An Overview of Out-of-State Auto Accidents
A car accident that happens while you are traveling out-of-state, perhaps hundreds or thousands of miles from your home, can be difficult to deal with. It is crucial that you get the immediate medical care that you need. Emergency medical needs come first. Follow-up care can be arranged and provided when you return home. A claim will allow you to pursue financial compensation for your injuries. Here two key things that you need to know about car accident while visiting Arizona:
- You Need to Report the Crash: Arizona law requires motorists to stop their vehicle and exchange information with other drivers. You need to report the crash to local or state law enforcement if there were any injuries in the accident.
- Arizona Law Governs Your Rights: Car accident injury claims fall under state law. They fall under the law of the jurisdiction where the crash actually happened. It does not matter where the drivers are from. If you are involved in a wreck while visiting Tucson, your claim falls under Arizona law.
You Need a Local Attorney for Your Arizona Car Accident Injury Claim
Were you or a loved one hurt in a serious car wreck while visiting Tucson, Pima County, or anywhere else in Arizona? If so, it is crucial that you have a local attorney on your side. Motor vehicle accident injury claims are notoriously complex. A lawyer from the jurisdiction where the collision happened will be in the best position to get you justice and full financial compensation. The key benefits to hiring an Arizona car accident lawyer for a crash that happened in Tucson include:
- Familiarity with the law. Car accident claims arise under state law. There are some differences between the laws in Arizona and the laws in other jurisdictions.
- Ability to represent your court. If litigation becomes necessary, you will want an attorney who is admitted to practice law in Arizona.
- Hands-on approach. A local Arizona attorney is in the best position to investigate the case. They could even go to the accident site itself to get necessary evidence.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Tucson Auto Accident Lawyer Today
At The Karnas Law Firm, our Tucson car accident lawyers are justice-focused advocates for victims and families. If you or your loved one was hurt in an accident while visiting Arizona from another state, we are more than ready to help. Call us at 602.402.5207 or to contact us to set up a free, no obligation initial consultation. We have law offices in Tucson, Yuma, and Phoenix.
Want to Make $150?
Contact us about our referral program today!Find Out More