Car Accidents and Chiropractic Care
Every year, over 6 million traffic accidents occur in the United States. From minor fender-benders to serious collisions, vehicle collisions leave victims in need of chiropractic treatment for various reasons. Many individuals are hurt, either permanently or temporarily, hence require safe and reliable pain relief.
The period right after a car accident can be confusing and traumatizing, as one navigates medical bills, insurance claims, and court hearings. You might be wondering if getting chiropractic care is a good idea if you are acting inappropriately by seeking help and whether your insurance will cover your care.
How Does Chiropractic Care Help After Car Accidents?
After a car accident, people do not think of a chiropractor as one of the first care professionals they can see. On the other hand, a chiropractor can be an excellent person to talk to, especially if you have had injuries to your spine or musculoskeletal system. Your chiropractor can assess your injuries and make appropriate treatment recommendations.
During your treatment sessions, most patients realize the following benefits:
- Alleviates swelling: Micro-tears in the body’s ligaments and muscles are normal and cannot be detected with a regular x-ray. Spinal changes will realign the spine, resulting in natural anti-inflammatory properties that can help with the pain caused by the tears.
- Decreases scar tissue: Following an injury, muscles may become scarred, causing soreness and weakness. A chiropractor can help eliminate the build-up in these scarred areas faster than if it were left to recover by itself. With less scar tissue, an individual is more likely to feel relieved sooner.
- Reduced reliance on medication: Prescription pain relievers can be highly addictive. Taking a strong painkiller often may lead to long-term dependence or addiction. Chiropractic changes ensure that the actual damage is addressed and that the drugs do not merely hide the pain.
- Lasting advantages: Getting chiropractic treatment soon following an automobile collision will help prevent chronic problems later on and minor injuries from being severe.
- Restore mobility function: Injuries to the back or neck can reduce the range of motion. When the muscles swell, it can be difficult to turn or move in other ways. Chiropractic changes can help restore appropriate mobility and speed up the healing process by mobilizing the spine.
- Alleviates pain: An individual’s pain can be minimized not only in the affected areas but also in their entire body, thanks to spinal adjustments. Many people report feeling a lot better right after a chiropractic session that releases pain-killing hormones.
The most important thing following a car accident should be your health. Do not allow your body to suffer from the impact of the accident. Chiropractic care can help alleviate pain, enhance mobility, and remove tension from a wide range of musculoskeletal injuries.
Seek Legal Help After Car Accidents in California and Arizona
The medical bills and other related expenses incurred following a car accident can be frustrating. If you think that another driver’s negligent actions were responsible for the incident, you can file a compensation claim. So long as you prove liability, you will receive total compensation for your injuries and any property damage.
If you or a loved one sustains severe injuries in a car accident in Arizona or California caused by someone else’s fault, contact Karnas Law Firm, PLLC. An experienced Car Accident Attorney will explain your legal rights and options during an initial, free, no-obligation consultation.
Call Now: (520) 462-3886 to discuss your case for free.
Want to Make $150?
Contact us about our referral program today!Find Out More