Cell phone explosions or fires seem unlikely, but the chemical properties of the lithium-ion batteries make it possible.
There are more than 225 million active cell phones in the U.S. alone. Approximately 96% of Americans use a cell phone on a day to day basis.
Why Do Lithium-Ion Batteries Explode?
Your device can become unsafe for use and can injure you if not properly cared for. Here are some tips to help preserve your device and well-being:
- Do not use incorrect phone chargers or batteries. Just because it fits doesn’t mean it’s compatible with your device.
- Phone chargers and batteries need to match the wattage of your device. Using improper accessories can compromise the safety of the battery.
- Don’t discard phone batteries with heating issues or puncture marks. Using a compromised battery without replacement can lead to injury.
- Keep your phone dry and cool. Do not expose your phone to excessive heat or water. The phone battery can begin to deteriorate due to these conditions.
- Do not recharge your phone battery in temperatures below 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Doing so will cause the lithium-ion in the phone battery to solidify as metallic lithium. Recharging a cold battery can lead to catastrophic failure.
Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys in Yuma, Arizona
We here at Karnas Law Firm want our clients to be well informed about preserving their device. Contact us if your device has malfunctioned and led to an injury.
If you’ve suffered an injury, you’ve already suffered enough. Don’t go through that alone. Reach out to our proven and trusted dangerous products attorneys today.
The dangerous products lawyers at Karnas Law Firm are here to help you recover the maximum amount available for all associated damages. With more than 25 years of experience representing injury victims in Arizona, we understand the stress of being injured as a result of a dangerous product. Our team can lift the burden of settling a personal injury claim from your shoulders and relentlessly fight for fair compensation.
Our attorneys are known as some of the top lawyers in the business and have received accolades such as Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Lawyers and Top 100 Trial Lawyers. We are also Lead Counsel rated.
We are available in Tucson at (520) 338-1641 or at our Yuma location at (928) 550-8020. You can also email Olivia Gaxiola at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
To get started on your case, contact us today for a free case evaluation. We look forward to talking to you soon.